Established in 1844, Bordier & Cie is a partnership with unlimited liability, independent from the demands of shareholders and investors, not driven by short-term profit goals or by selling products to gain fees from transactions.
Bordier & Cie is still owned and managed today by the descendants of its founders. Our vocation is to work with families and family businesses.
- September 11, 1844 : Founding of the Bank
- 1871: Ami Bordier, Partner – 1st generation
- 1897: Pierre Bordier, Partner (Ami Bordier’s son) – 2nd generation
- 1904: Edouard Bordier Partner (Ami Bordier’s son) – 2nd generation
- 1906 : move to rue de Hollande in Geneva, where the Bank is located today
- 1936: Guillaume Bordier & Jacques Bordier, Partners (Pierre Bordier’s son) – 3rd generation
- 1938: Raymond Bordier, Partner (Pierre Bordier’s son) & Edmond Bordier, Partner (Edouard Bordier’s son) – 3rd generation
- 1966: Philippe Bordier (Jacques Bordier’s son) & André Bordier (Guillaume Bordier’s son) – 4th generation
- 1986: Opening of the Turks & Caicos Islands offices
- 1992 : Pierre Poncet, Partner
- 1994: Gaétan Bordier, Partner – 5th generation
- 1997: Grégoire Bordier Partner – 5th generation
- 1997: Opening of the Zurich offices
- 1999: Opening of the Bern offices
- 2001: Opening of the London offices named Berry Asset Management
- 2005: Opening of the Nyon offices
- 2006: Opening of the Paris offices
- 2007: Opening of the Uruguay offices
- 2011: Evrard Bordier, Partner – 5th generation
- 2011: Opening of the Singapore offices
- 2012: Michel Juvet, Partner
At Bordier & Cie, the 5th generation of the Bordier family is at the controls today.
From left to right: Patrice Lagnaux, David Holzer, Michel Juvet, Grégoire Bordier, Gaétan Bordier, François Koessler, Philippe Rudloff, Evrard Bordier, Nicolas Terrier (absent).
Our Executive Committee is the governing body of the bank.
Our 4 Partners, namely Gaétan, Grégoire and Evrard Bordier (5th generation of the Bordier family) as well as Michel Juvet, are the engines of our house. They validate the strategic positions and assume the role of leaders and owners.
“We, as partners, bear unlimited personal liability for all commitments entered into by the bank.”